1. Download Android SDK
2. Extract the zipped folder and navigate to “Tools” folder inside the extracted folder
3. Open the script named “Android” from the “Tools” folder
4. If you are already having JDK installed on your computer, then you will see a new admin windows. If now having JDK on your computer, then go ahead and install that from here. After installation of JDK, go ahead and click “Android” script
5. Android script will start he SDK manager. Go ahead and navigate to “Available Packages” menu in the left sidebar options
7. Now go ahead and check four items shown in the picture below. These items are nothing but the Android 2.2 Froyo OS files. After checking the files, go ahead and click on “Install Checked” at bottom of the window
8. Installation of files will take some time. After successful installation, go to “Virtual Devices” option in left panel and click on “New” in that window. Now you are going to add one device in SDK manager. Go ahead and fill up the new form with the same data as mentioned in the picture below, after that click on “Create AVD”.
9. Remember, Adding device may take some time and even may left your system hanged for few minutes. But you will have to have patience in that interval and don’t restart your computer. Once the device will be added in hat list as “A valid Android Virtual device”, you can click on the “Start” button after selecting the newly added device to start the Android Platform on your computer
10. Now you can see your new Android device, running 2.2 in the main Virtual Devices panel .Select it, and click on Start to launch the new OS.
In my system, it takes few times to fully load. However, it was a good experience to try out this new Android 2.2 (Froyo) OS on my Windows.