The program's interface looks and feels remarkably like Acrobat Reader, but with more command icons along the top.
Users who are familiar with viewing PDFs will find this fairly intuitive, but newcomers are advised to experiment with the options and pay attention to the Help file. Viewing PDFs is incredibly simple and should not be a problem for users. The documents look good through the reader and are easily navigated. While the program is good for simply looking at PDFs, it excels with its added features. The control panel along the top displays a long list of options for editing your PDFs. The most useful we found was the option for making bright red shapes and lines, which can be utilized to mark errors and make comments (an element that has always been one of Acrobat's best tools). Here, XChange Viewer gives users more options than its competition, allowing for more in-depth markups.
This free program imitates its competition in all the right places and gives users some extra features where it counts, combining into an excellent download option for anyone looking for an alternative to Acrobat Reade
PDF-XChange Viewer 2.0 Features
- Tabbed Multiple Document Windows
- Add Comments and Annotations to any PDF file
- Markup pages with text and objects
- Export PDF pages or entire files to any one of the supported Image formats including BMP, JPEG, TIFF, PNG and many more
- Extract text from a PDF page/File
- Fixed bug with "PAGE" name-generating macros in "Export to Images" feature